It appears that some people are having a bit of difficulty with SMART goals. It was suggested that I post links to resources and open up the blog for folks to comment, share ideas, and e-converse about SMART goals. I think that's a fantastic idea.
On our own school website: examples from other Mass schools, Mass DoE documents
Arlington (VA) Public Schools: examples of department SMART goals
Toledo (OH) Ed Services Center: example individual Professional Development Goals
Keefe Tech: presentation from a teacher training Oct, 2012
Dearborn (MI): teacher training handout
You may notice that the "A" and the "R" seem to have different definitions depending on who is doing the explaining. Sometimes it is Attainable, sometimes is it Actionable, sometimes it is Assignable. Sometimes it is Results-oriented; sometimes it is Realistic; sometimes it is Rigorous. Personally, I like Actionable and Realistic.


Comment if you like...at the bottom of the post is a Comment button (with the number of comments received). When you click it, the currently published comments appear and a box for your comment appears. You can reply to a comment or you can add a new comment. It is set up to be anonymous, and anyone can comment (you don't need a Google account). And because it is anonymous and anyone can comment, I'm moderating comments to make sure no unwanted people get access.
No comments:
Post a Comment