[read the eSchoolNews summary or download the full report]
For many educators and administrators, the existence, and persistence, of the divide becomes a reason not to push forward on adoption of technologies. I can't count how many times I've heard "...but I can't put homework online because some kids don't have a computer at home". The challenge for ed tech leaders clearly, is to devise effective workarounds to provide students with access to needed digital resources.
Edutopia, an excellent public K-12 education blog, recently compiled a number of resources on the issue, solution approaches, and discussion.
And if you're not convinced that this issue has a direct and immediate impact on many of our students, here's a short piece that aired on American Public Media's Morning Business Report about the burgeoning market for digital textbooks and how all the majors - Pearson, Cengage, et. al. - are going digital just in order to survive.


No comments:
Post a Comment