How to use video and Google Forms to encourage deeper learning
Turn Students into Mentors and Instructors
This article appeared in eSchoolNews and I thought is was an excellent example of how the capabilities of technology, especially the free-to-all, easy-to-access kinds of Google and internet based sources, can transform learning (and teaching).
The author discusses how she used a method - video-based questioning - by combining targeted videos in a Google form questionnaire for students to explore several broad social questions. As the author, Kelly Grotrian, explains:Students were also asked to complete a feedback form about the activity itself. What did they think of this new practice? One student wrote, “It’s easier to answer questions because I can pause the video or go back to something I missed.” Another stated, “I really enjoyed this activity because this is one of the first experiences where we have control over our learning and it suits well because everyone has a different pace.”
And this type of activity is actually pretty easy to do. Integration of videos into a form is just a couple of mouse clicks. Student responses are automatically recorded into a spreadsheet database for you to review.
She also had a project in which the students took on the role of creating video-based questionnaires in teams on designated topics.
Love the students' response piece
ReplyDeleteLove the students' response piece
ReplyDelete